Groups & Tours
Kirkland Museum is a wonderful place to bring your class, club or social group (ages 13+) for a unique experience time traveling through over 150 years of Colorado art and international design. Please read the options below carefully prior to arranging your visit. If you need assistance, please email [email protected] or call 303.832.8576 x202.
Applies to groups of 10-25 visitors making a reservation at least 10 business days in advance:
- $7 per person discounted admission rate
- Non-refundable group prepayment required ($70 minimum)
- Self-guided visit only; reservation does not include a tour
- Teachers and group leaders may receive complimentary admission upon request
- For student groups ages 13-17, chaperones will be required (please refer to our Group Reservation Guidelines for details)
- Groups over 25 people should email [email protected] to make special arrangements
Private Guided Tours
Groups of 10 or more may request a Private Guided Tour during public Museum hours (Tuesday-Saturday 11am to 5pm, Sunday 12 to 5pm) with at least 30 days advance notice.
Due to the intimate size of the galleries, groups with more than 15 people may be required to split into multiple groups and begin with staggered tour times.
Scheduling a Private Guided Tour is dependent upon the availability of trained Museum Representatives and staff members. Tour availability is limited so advanced planning is required. Once you’ve decided which option below is best for your group, please submit the online Group Scheduling Request Form.
Non-refundable prepayment is required. Cost includes general admission. Please note that Private Group Tour requests on weekends incur an additional $50 flat fee.
Tour Option 1 – $20 per person
- Minimum of 10 people at $20 per person or a $200 payment if less than 10 people
- Led by a trained Museum Representative, this 45-minute tour is an excellent introduction to the Museum’s history and three principal collections.
- This is our most popular option and appeals to groups of all interests.
Tour Option 2 – $30 per person
- Minimum 10 people at $30 per person or a $300 payment if less than 10 people
- Led by senior-level or Curatorial staff members, this 60-minute tour offers a more in-depth look at the Museum’s history and three collections, with the option to add emphasis on a particular aspect of the collection (with prior Museum approval).
- This option is best for groups interested in diving deeper into the collections or who have a specific area of interest they would like to explore.
Tour Option 3 – $50 per person
- Minimum 10 people at $50 per person or a $500 payment if less than 10 people
- Led by Founding Director and Curator Hugh Grant, this 60-90 minute tour is the most comprehensive option and offers a unique look at the making of Kirkland Museum and its collections from the perspective of our founder.
- Limited availability with a minimum of 2 months advance notice.
Museum members and their guests (guest limit based on membership level) are invited to enjoy a complimentary tour on the second Saturday of every month at 11:30am. The tour lasts approximately one hour and is led by a trained Museum Representative. It covers an overview of the Museum’s collections as well as a more in-depth look at highlights of objects and artworks in the galleries. Limited to 15 people, first-come, first-served. No reservations necessary.
Public Welcome Tours
Every Tuesday at noon and Sunday at 1pm. Included with Museum admission, 30-minute welcome tours provide an introduction to the Museum’s history, layout and collections. Tours are subject to tour guide availability, so please call ahead to confirm. Space is limited to 15 visitors and is first-come, first-served.
For more information about Groups & Tours, please email [email protected] or call 303.832.8576 x202.