Part-time Visitor Services Associate
Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art, in Denver, Colorado, has an opening for a part-time Visitor Services Associate. Visitor Services Associates are responsible for enhancing the Museum visitor’s experience by offering exceptional customer service in our retail store and at the Welcome Desk.
Schedule: Part-time, 10-15 hours per week, with occasional evenings and additional hours for special events and programs, including holidays. Preference will be given to candidates that have schedule flexibility and can undertake shifts with little notice, particularly during the holiday season (Nov.-Dec.). Work will be performed at 1201 Bannock St.
Responsibilities and Duties
Visitor Services Associate responsibilities include:
- Process accurate retail sales and complete cash register transactions
- Perform regular merchandise inventories and spot checks as directed
- Provide exemplary customer service
- Maintain a friendly and helpful environment for visitors
- Unpack, tag and stock merchandise
- Assist with shipping and handling of customer items as needed
- Organize and stock Museum Store back counter and storage areas
- Maintain visually appealing merchandise displays
- Monitor visitor activity to ensure safety and deter theft
- Demonstrate product knowledge to assist customers in selections and promote sales
- Tidy Museum Store by regularly dusting, organizing and replenishing displays
- Report visitor feedback and special requests to store buyer
- Help promote museum memberships, events and special exhibitions at check-out
- Report safety and security concerns to security personnel and other museum staff
- Sell admission tickets and memberships at the point of sale
- Remind visitors of Museum rules
- Orient visitors to the collection and facility
- Assist with the opening and closing of the Museum
- Ensure public spaces are presentable and safe for visitors and staff
- Monitor the parking lot and validate patron and volunteer parking
- Monitor visitors for the security of the collection
- Distribute and maintain stock of visitor handouts
- Answer patron questions, comments, complaints and inquiries
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience with retail sales required, preferably in the arts
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- Outgoing, professional demeanor
- Data entry experience is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and think on one’s feet
- Prior knowledge of ceramics, jewelry and industrial design objects a plus
- Must be able to take direction and work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills
- Competency in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn new software quickly, experience with TAM Retail preferred
- Art History and/or Museum Studies background a plus
To apply for this job, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note your schedule flexibility in your cover letter.
Kirkland Museum offers part-time employees competitive wages and an opportunity to participate in our 401(k) plan.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kirkland Museum does not have any internship openings at this time.