Thank You to Our Talented Volunteers!
Kirkland Museum staff extend our gratitude and appreciation to our volunteers during National Volunteer Week, April 19-25! National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the impact of volunteer service and to thank our volunteers who give their precious time and talent to our institution.
Volunteering at Kirkland Museum
Volunteers give essential support to the museum by assisting staff with administrative tasks and by providing a personal and educational experience for visitors. We are looking for individuals who would like to support the museum in front of and behind the scenes. Please see below for more information. If selected to volunteer, individuals receive training on the museum’s unique collection, discounts in the museum store and other benefits.
For information about internships, please see our Jobs & Internships page.
Administrative, Fundraising and Development Support
We welcome assistance in any of the following areas:
- Administrative: Data entry and assistance with administrative tasks such as, but not limited to, scanning, typing, research and professional proofreading.
- Fundraising and Development: Assist in identifying fundraising opportunities, introducing the museum to potential donors (monetary and in-kind), identifying potential grant opportunities, editing grants and assisting with evaluation strategies for visitors.
- Welcome, direct and support the visitor experience in the galleries. This long-term position is great for individuals who are outgoing, enjoy talking about art and are confident in approaching visitors and enforcing museum rules.
- Shifts are Tuesday-Sunday for 3.5 hours each. Museum hours are 11am-5pm Tuesday-Saturday and 12-5pm Sunday.
- Volunteers commit to at least two shifts each month for at least one year.
Ready to Get Involved?
If any of these positions sound interesting to you, please follow the application instructions below.
How to Apply
- Applicants must be over the age of 18
- Submit a volunteer application by clicking here
- Provide previous work or volunteer references
- Complete an interview with museum staff
- Pass a criminal background check
For more information or with questions contact:
Education & Volunteer Services Manager
For Current Volunteers
- Log in to Volgistics by clicking here
- Log in to the Weebly Volunteer Website by clicking here
- Watch the 2020 Thank You video from staff
Recruitment and Selection of Volunteers
Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art prohibits unlawful discrimination based on age, color, national origin, religion, physical, mental or learning disability, sex, citizenship status, sexual orientation, mental illness, marital or civil union partnership, military status or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law in the selection and recruitment of volunteers. Volunteers are selected based on their qualifications in relation to the needs of the museum at any given time and their ability to commit to a consistent schedule of volunteer hours. All applicants must complete an interview and a criminal background check. If there are no suitable volunteer opportunities, applications will be kept on file for a period of one year. All volunteers must be over the age of 18.