Kirkland Museum is Temporarily Closed
We are sad to be temporarily closed due to a water leak. Check back soon for reopening news. For the time being ticket sales are on hold.
Please read the information below carefully, as our ticketing & visitation processes and policies have changed. If you need assistance, email [email protected] or call 303.832.8576 x201.
Kirkland Museum is operated in accordance with guidelines established by the Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment (CDPHE) and the City and County of Denver. The following safety measures remain in place to visit Kirkland Museum:
All visitors must have a pre-reserved timed ticket for entry, even if you receive free admission through your membership.
Capacity is limited to 4 parties entering each 15-minute time slot. Groups of more than 4 persons are not permitted.
All visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering that covers your nose and mouth, as mandated by the State of Colorado and City and County of Denver.
Please visit another time if you feel sick, have a fever or symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks.
Maintain physical distance of at least 6 feet from anyone not in your party.
Wash your hands frequently and use the touchless hand sanitizer dispensers provided at the Welcome Desk, Museum Store and in bathrooms.
Follow the one-way path through the galleries and observe all orange signage during your visit. All visitors are asked to enter through the Bannock Street entrance (The west door facing the parking lot is for exiting only.)
Other helpful information:
- Visitors must be ages 13 and up.
- A pre-reserved timed ticket is not required to shop in the Museum Store. However, shoppers are required to sign a COVID-19 screening form upon entry and follow our safety guidelines.
- Please see Plan Your Visit for parking rates and directions to Kirkland Museum.
- Visitors are encouraged to read our Visitor Resources page and bookmark it on your smartphone before coming. Your visit will be as paperless and touchless as possible. In order to lower potential sharing of germs, all Kirkland Museum brochures and gallery guides have been removed. The information in those documents can be accessed on our website.
- High-touch areas of the Museum, including doors and counters, are sanitized hourly throughout the day. Sneeze guards have been installed at the Welcome Desk and Museum Store. The Museum building, built in 2017, features a state-of-the-art dual-air HVAC system designed to constantly create a mix of outside and inside air.
- Ask at the Welcome Desk to use a complimentary locker or handheld stool. These will be checked out at the Desk. Lockers and locker keys will be sanitized before and after use.
- Due to COVID-19, all water fountains at Kirkland Museum have been turned off. Please plan accordingly. Water bottles must be left in a complimentary locker.
- Read our Visitor FAQ for more information.
- We reserve the right to ask anyone not following safety measures to leave the Museum.
Tickets for only 4 parties are available for each 15-minute interval to enhance visitor safety and prevent crowding.
Please note that due to the evolving nature of COVID-19, Kirkland Museum may need to close at any time. If you miss your time slot or need to reschedule your visit, please consider this purchase a donation to Kirkland Museum.